Over the years, Newton's work centred primarily on fashion, nudes, and portraits, with the three categories often mixing. With the encouragement of his wife, June Newton, he began to photograph more overtly erotic nudes, sometimes in his studio, and other times in the jet-set retreats of Europe and The Americas. His black-and-white photographs combine the feel of 1930s noir photojournalism with aspects of New Wave films, reflecting his directorial mastery.
Hamiltons Gallery has represented Helmut Newton's prints for over 35 years and remains one of the greatest authorities of his work worldwide.
Newton was one of the most important and controversial photographers of the 20th Century. His pictures, whether fashion, nude or portraits, are often highly erotic, bold, and provocative. Newton’s photographs have appeared in publications such as Playboy, Marie-Claire, Elle, Vogue among others as well as numerous international solo exhibitions.
- The Best
- Helmut Newton: High Gloss
- Something For Everyone: Group Exhibition
- Masterworks: An exhibition of works by Modern Masters of Photography
- Modern Masters: Group Exhibition
- Helmut Newton: Selected Works
- Something for Everyone: Group Exhibition
- Helmut Newton: Helmut Newton
- Gallery Selections: Group Exhibition
- Something for Everyone : Group Exhibition
- Helmut Newton: XL