Irving Penn: PaintingsJanuary 25, 2019Irving Penn is respected as one of the 20th Century’s most influential photographers admired for his achievements in fashion, portraiture, travel and still life. However, a series of paintings he made from the late 1980s until the end of his life is unknown because these works were made in private. Sometimes figurative and sometimes abstract, these paintings illustrate diverse interests such as the rooftops of New York, still life or abstract forms.
Hamiltons Gallery represented Irving Penn and later his Foundation for over thirty years. The gallery still works closely with his pictures and has a number of works available from various collections. Irving Penn is one of the most important modern masters of photography. He inspired future photographers of all genres with his portraits, still lifes and fashion pictures. He worked as a magazine photographer for Vogue and created numerous personal projects. His work forms significant parts of the world’s most renowned public and private photography collections.
- Irving Penn: Paintings
- Penn/Warhol: Signs
- Irving Penn: Flowers
- Something For Everyone: Group Exhibition
- Masterworks: An exhibition of works by Modern Masters of Photography
- Irving Penn: Cranium Architecture
- Irving Penn: Cigarettes
- Modern Masters: Group Exhibition
- Irving Penn: Small Trades
- Irving Penn: Food
- Gallery Selections: Group Exhibition
- Something for Everyone : Group Exhibition
- Irving Penn: Flower Power
- Irving Penn: Now and Then