Irving Penn: CentennialApril 20, 2017The Metropolitan Museum of Art presented a major retrospective exhibition of the photographs of Irving Penn, April 24 – July 30 2017, to mark the centennial of the artist’s birth. This landmark retrospective is travelling internationally, having opened at The Met it has begun it's journey at the Grand Palais in Paris. The Irving Penn Foundation will make a monumental gift to the Met of more than 150 photographs by Penn, representing every period of the great American artist’s dynamic 70-year career with the camera. These works, selected by the...
Hamiltons Gallery has represented Irving Penn and later his Foundation for thirty years. Irving Penn is one of the most important modern masters of photography. He inspired future photographers of all genres with his portraits, still lifes and fashion pictures. He worked as a magazine photographer for Vogue and created numerous personal projects. His work forms significant parts of the world’s most renowned public and private photography collections.
- Penn/Warhol: Signs
- Irving Penn: Flowers
- Something For Everyone: Group Exhibition
- Masterworks: An exhibition of works by Modern Masters of Photography
- Irving Penn: Cranium Architecture
- Irving Penn: Cigarettes
- Modern Masters: Group Exhibition
- Irving Penn: Small Trades
- Irving Penn: Food
- Gallery Selections: Group Exhibition
- Something for Everyone : Group Exhibition
- Irving Penn: Flower Power
- Irving Penn: Now and Then